Sunday, January 2, 2011

Favorite Reads

As I grew up Santa always brought each child in our family a book. We also got a book for each birthday. I have carried on this tradition in our family. This year for Christmas Santa gave Aisling the book "The Silence of God". Santa got a little carried away in the bookstore this year, but that's a discussion for another day. I had read this book and LOVED it! That was why I suggested it to Santa. It is historical fiction, which is my favorite genre. Taking place at the beginning of the 1900's in St. Petersburg, Russia; it is the story of the only Latter-day Saint family in St. Petersburg during the time of the Bolshevik Revolution. Their lives were changed forever by an ideology that forced equality and demanded the silence of God.
Having enjoyed "The Silence of God" so much, I convinced Santa to bring me a book by the same author. "Until the Dawn" is also historical fiction. It takes place in 1914 and moves back and forth between Salt Lake City, San Francisco and a tree farm in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!