Friday, February 19, 2016

I Thought Missions were Supposed to Be a Sacrifice.....

REALLY?

We get to spend 21 months in the House of the Lord! 


I don't write much about the work we are doing here. 
We work in the Halifax, Nova Scotia Temple.
The work there is very sacred. 
For that reason it is not talked about much outside the temple.
 Although the temple is a beautiful building; 
the physical beauty doesn't even compare to the spiritual and eternal beauty that lies within.
Temples existed in Old Testament times. 
They existed in New Testament times.
They existed in Book of Mormon times
They exist in our times. 
And why not?
The temple is a place of learning.
I've heard it referred to as the Lord's University. 
The temple gives us a clearer understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
In fact, everything in the temple points toward Christ. 
Inside the temple we learn about the Lord's Plan of Happiness. 
Where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going after this life is over. 
To me, one of the greatest things that happens in the temple is to be married
 for time and all eternityinstead of 'til death do you part. 
The temple is where we make covenants with our Father in Heaven. 
We receive promised blessings according to our faith and obedience.  
This is the Nauvoo Temple.
In this temple grandparents on both my mother's side and my father's side were sealed together for eternity. 

Words cannot describe how grateful we are to serve in the House of the Lord. 
We are so privileged to be able to help others receive those blessings of eternity. 
Our Father in Heaven loves each one of us. 
He knows us by name and carries us in the palm of His hand.
I am so blessed to be able to see His hand in all things in my life. 
I know He lives, as does His Son Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ gave his mortal life to pay the price for us
 to return and live eternally with Him, His Father and our families.  
Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!