Wednesday, June 17, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

I have been thinking a lot about my dad. He died September 30, 2007. The more time passes the more I miss him.
Dad was the oldest of four boys, and his mother died when he was a teenager.
Mom and Dad met at a dance. Dad was home on break from school. They were married the following fall. Dad was 19 and mom was 17. Dad was educated to become a machinist. He was very good at what he did; able to think outside the box. He was always changing equipment and individuals to make them more productive. This was a trait that drove me NUTS as a teenager! However those skills are the skills that made the machinery and the dream of Queen Bee Gardens work.
Dad was a real tease, I love pictures of him when he is being a bit silly. That is my real dad. I served a mission for our church in Ireland. Mom and Dad saved up their money so they could come over and tour Ireland with me. I LOVED that time. We toured Ireland, visited England and Germany. What a blessing it was to spend that time with them. While we were growing up Dad and Mom would take us to the Big Horns fishing on Copper Creek. We only caught little brookies there. This is at Tongue River on the Big Horns. Dad's greatest earthly love was the bees. He loved working them, watching them, trying to understand them. Dad was an incredible ham. Whenever we would leave or the grandkids would leave he would pretend to cry. He would offer to get real tears and if you took him up on it he would produce them. Dad's last few years he wasn't particularly healthy. He was unable to do and be the things he wanted to do.
I am so grateful for those last few additional years that we had with him. I'm glad Aisling was able to get to know him.
My dad is my hero. I miss him a lot. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! Your dad was an amazing guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Sidney, Our Dad was terrific and is missed by all of us and it is so nice to see you share memories of him with all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love him too! This is such a neat post and gave me a big lump in my throat! Thanks Sidney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. That was really neat.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!