Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Reason Behind Our Choices.....

 
 
When Laurence and I were engaged, one of our long term goals was to go on a mission as a couple. This has been part of our plan since we got married.
We have both been asked many times, why are we going on a mission?
The answer is simple. We know that Jesus Christ lived and died and now lives again for each of us. We want more than anything to help others know that same joy. We hope to do all we can to serve Our Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ.
 
The time finally arrived.... time for us to depart!
In the LDS Church it is traditional for the departing missionary(ies) to speak in church before they leave. Sunday February 8 was our time to speak. Aisling came out from Billings and my dear friend Minda came up from Lovell on Saturday. They both came to help get us packed up so we could leave after church, heading for Utah. How grateful we are for their help and the help of dear friends in Colstrip who helped us make this happen. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of most of the angels that helped us!
 
We arrived at church that morning to a most delightful surprise. My brother Von and his wife Pam had gotten up early and made the trip to Colstrip so they could support us. How thoughtful is that?!
 
Laurence and I both talked about Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We used the above document for a portion of our talks. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and the gift of Eternal Life that we receive through Him. I know He lives! I know He loves us and wants us to return.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!