Wednesday, August 18, 2010

School Lunch???

Laurence and I went to dinner last night in Riverdale North Dakota. What a beautiful place.We ate at the Knights Bar and Grill. They have turned an old high school into a Lodge with an attached Bar and Grill. I had baked Walleye with the world's largest baked potato. Delish!! Laurence had the rack of ribs. It was so yummy! I actually prefered his to mine, but they were both wonderful. As an added bonus Laurence had half of his for lunch today.
Here is the Lodge portion. They have changed the classrooms into suites. They advertise that you can play basketball or volleyball while staying there. Now THAT'S repurposing!!
Riverdale is on the north side of Lake Sakakawea. Lake Sakakawea is the third largest man-made lake in the United States. It was created in the 40's and 50's by the Army Corp of Engineers when they built the Garrison Dam to stem the flooding of the Missouri River and to provide an energy source.
Lake Sakakawea is 178 miles long and 14 miles wide at it's widest point. We crossed over to Riverdale from Pick City on the Garrison Dam. What a beautiful lake!!

3 comments:

  1. What a neat place to stay! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun! And that lake, I like the name is it after Sacagawea? They have so many different spellings for her name and pronunciations, I like the way the lake is spelled personally. Anyway, happy you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! The lake is beautiful. I love reading about your travels.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!