Friday, April 24, 2009

An Incredible Weekend


Last weekend was an incredible weekend. So many wonderful things going on.
The day started out with Annette and I heading out to Billings to attend the temple. It can't begin any better than that!!After that, we went to the cannery. We are so fortunate that our stake presidency has made the sacrifices necessary for our stake to be able to dry pack can whenever we desire. Since my calling in the ward is the Ward and Family Preparedness Chairman, (always wondered about that, doesn't chairman mean there is a committee?), anyway I had 2 groups signed up for the cannery. A 12:00-2:00 session, and a 2:00-4:00 session. We had 31 people attend and canned a little over 400 cans of food storage. YAHOO!! Thank goodness for Annette, (in the above picture), without her help I would have been up a creek since Laurence was attending to our duties at the temple.
Then it was over to the Stake Center for the evening session of Stake Conference. (Laurence and Annette were already there because of Priesthood Meeting and Stake Leadership).
The evening was wonderful. Elder Dallin H. Oaks was visiting us and his companion was Elder Renlund. Elder Renlund is a new member of the Quorum of the 70. What a good speaker. And of course, if you are LDS you are familiar with Elder Oaks and what a dynamic speaker he is.
The spirit of the evening was wonderful. I LOVED IT!! I am usually a notetaker, but that evening I just sat and soaked in everything that was said and felt.
The night was spent at the good ole' Super 8 hotel. Did I mention that we live 120 miles from our stake center?
Sunday morning saw us up bright and early. We arrived at about 8:05 and the chapel was already nearly full. Conference didn't start until 10:00. By 10:00 the cultural hall was totally full.
Some thoughts I had that aren't new, but touched me. (In no particular order!!)

  • The Lord doesn't care where you were, he cares about where you are and what you are becoming.
  • Solutions to the world problems are gospel basics-- a better understanding and practice of fundamentals.
  • We must strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ.

  • 4 comments:

    1. Elder Renlund came and spend our Stake Conference with us a couple of months ago. He's amazing, and I love his wife Ruth. They really helped uplift our stake. Sounds like a great weekend, I would love to be in the same room with Elder Oaks.

      ReplyDelete
    2. How awesome! Like Tracy said Elder Renlund came to our stake conference and his messages were incredible!! It sounds like it really was an incredible weekend for you!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sounds like an amazing weekend and a great spiritual rejuvenation!

      ReplyDelete
    4. We are so blessed to have real apostles and wonderful leaders! I'd love to just follow them around and hear all their talks like people did in the Saviors time. Cool weekend.

      ReplyDelete

    I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!