Sunday, April 12, 2015

Beautiful. Gorgeous Snow!!

 
The rest of the month of March and the first part of April have been filled with
snowstorms and blizzards. I took a lot of pictures because it was so, so gorgeous.
I'm going to share a few of them in one post. Just know that these cover about a 3 week period.
 

 
 Church was cancelled on Sunday March 15. This is what our parking lot looked like.
We are so blessed that the people here get right on snow removal.
It wasn't possible for most people to even get out of their driveways, the buses didn't run etc.
 
 
This was shortly before the plow came in on Monday morning. All schools were cancelled.
 
 

 
 
By 6:30 is was being cleared. That is our pickup on the left front.
 
 
 
10:00 Monday morning. It just kept snowing and snowing.....
I was so grateful that it was not my responsibility to shovel!!
After they had cleared a bit, Laurence went and finished digging out the pickup
and then moved it so they would have more room to work with in clearing the lot.
 
 
The main door to our apartment building. It leads out to the parking lot in back.


 
This is our bedroom window right before the snow storms....

 
Our bedroom window. Although it looks like there is space at the top, it really is just an air pocket.
 
 
This is how Laurence deals with a snow day with the temple closed and most of the city shut down...
 
 
 
This is how I deal with a snow day.....
I LOVE MY SCARF THAT AISLING GAVE ME FOR CHRISTMAS!!
Laurence was still kind enough to brave the crazy roads to take me to Tim Horton's for my wifi fix.
 
 
We still didn't have internet or telephone. Tim Horton's is a fast food place that has
great donuts and free wifi! They were the only place open.
We were supposed to get that on Monday the 16th.
The storm made it so we didn't get it for another week.
 
 
It continued snowing that week. This is our main door (shown above) on Thursday
when they were able to get to it. They cleared it with a back hoe.
The operator was amazing. He was able to get right against the building without scraping it.

They also cleared this one with a back hoe.
Laurence did the finishing up on the steps with his snow shovel.
It made it nicer for everyone going in and out.
 
 
The street behind our apartment.
It really is a two lane street....
 
 
We arrived early for church on Sunday March 22nd. Laurence backs  in toward the temple
instead of the church so he stays out of the way of other smaller vehicles.
 
 
It was so incredibly beautiful!!

 
From our bedroom window at midnight on March 28.
Just missing the Christmas lights!!
 
 
I almost missed getting a picture at all of the snow this Sunday morning (March 29).
A lot was gone by the time we had driven to the church and church was out.
 
 
The streetlight outside our apartment. Love the ice on it!
 
 
This was taken  when we first got here,
when there was less snow.
 
 
Taken yesterday, Saturday April 11. Just a wee bit more to go. 
Soon we'll be able to use our front door and walk.
SPRING IS ON IT'S WAY!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your President Hinckley poster...it so personifies him! I've so enjoyed your snow pictures, wishing we had about half of the snow you are hoarding! Alas! However, we did get 18" of snow on Stevens Pass yesterday! Woohoo! That snow level was just barely above my head. To be honest, I'd be thrilled if the snow wanted to fall for the next two months. In fact, I'd be tickled pink...and that's what I am with all the petals falling off the cherry trees that have really been loaded this year! You posted one picture that I don't think I saw before...the snow covered tree at midnight. It is truly beautiful!

    I took the Sister Missionaries, all four of them, up to Mount Vernon to see the tulip fields two weeks ago. The daffodils were just starting to fade out, but still had lots of yellow to offer against the stunning red tulips that were in! We went to Roozengaarde Gardens that had so many different tulips and colors... It was breathtaking! I've got to get those pictures off of my camera!

    Today's my daughter's รก birthday! Do you think I'm feeling kinda Old at this point?! Yep! Ugh! I guess it's inevitable, but it didn't need to get here so doggone fast! ๐Ÿ˜‹

    You kids have a great P-day! Stay safe!

    ๐Ÿ˜˜. Meledie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was trying to tell you why my daughter's birthday was making me feeling old. It's her 49th! It just sneaked up on me, and bam! So there we have it!

    Later!
    ๐Ÿ˜œ Meledie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!