Friday, September 9, 2011

Dutch Oven Enchilada Casserole

We have made this Enchilada Casserole two times while vacationing, and both times I forgot to take pictures. So, I took this after it was half gone. The picture isn't very good, but trust me the enchilada casserole was super!
Enchilada Casserole
2 pounds hamburger browned with
1/2 Cup dried onion
1 can tomato soup (10 oz.)
2 cans enchilada sauce (10 oz.)
3/4 pound shredded cheese (I used cheddar jack)
6 large four tortillas
Sour Cream

In a 12 inch Dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion. Remove from oven and place in a large bowl. Stir in the soup and sauce. In the oven place a 1/4 inch of sauce. Cover this mixture with a layer of flour tortillas, tearing to cover. Cover tortillas with cheese.
Place another layer of sauce, tortillas and cheese, repeating until all the mixture is used. Top with cheese. Place lid on Dutch oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling and heated through.
Serve with sour cream.

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll like it Carmen. One of the things I really like is that I can use a mild enchilada sauce (and lots of sour cream), so it's not too hot for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!