Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Flowers

I really like begonias, but I haven't had any place to grow them. They require so much shade. This year I figured out a place. I am so happy with it. It's here on my deck in an old watering can. Begonias remind me of Grandma Pitt, Laurence's mom. She had a passion for begonias and we used to give her begonia tubers for Mother's Day. She would have them all lined up on her back porch all summer long.
My morning glory. I go out every morning and count the blossoms. This morning there were 6 blooming, that's the most so far.
Cardinal vine. It is a member of the morning glory family, but it blooms longer into the day than my purple ones. It has wonderfully lacy leaves. I am hoping it will grow to cover the container it is in.

4 comments:

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!