Thursday, September 1, 2016

Prince Edward Island

Sunrise at East Point Lighthouse


Early one morning I left the hotel room and went in search of the sunrise.
(One of the perks of being a senior missionary!!) 
I wasn't disappointed. 


I reached the "End of the World"







The East Point Lighthouse was constructed in 1866. 
It was the last lighthouse erected before the island joined the Confederation in 1873. 
It is 64' high. 
Unfortunately I was there too early to be able to tour the lighthouse.  


Then I reached the start of the world. 
Kind of did it backwards. haha!!



PEI has beautiful red sand beaches and soil. 


The reason the paint job looks so ratty, 
is because just the day before they sand-blasted it to prepare for repainting.

North Lake 




 




Lobster Traps
They'll all be gone when lobster season hits!












These sort of look like potato plants.... nope!
They are seaweed that has attached itself to rocks.
Most of them are pretty heavy. The strength and force of the ocean is so incredible!






While I'm sure this guy is technically not a 'sea gull".
Whatever he is, he's the biggest sea gull I've ever seen!!


I believe that these are all comorants, except for the obvious sea gulls.
If they are not, I'm hoping someone will correct me.



















Panmure Head Lighthouse








No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make me smile! Thanks!!